Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I am 90 going on 91...

Gentle reader,

From Publishers Lunch (no I can't find an URL)


Elderly von Trapp Draws Interest for Memoir


Agathe von Trapp, eldest daughter of the famous singing family (as in "I am 16 going on 17"), is bemused that a self-published memoir has brought her considerable attention now, at age 90. ''It's very strange for me,'' she says. ``I've been living a very quiet life. All of a sudden, these people want to see me.'' AGATHE VON TRAPP: Memories Before and After The Sound of Music, was financed by von Trapp’s doctor and her doctor’s husband. Reuters reports, "She has a literary agent now, and even is thinking of letting a traditional publisher take over so the book can be more widely distributed."

Also a few mistakes were made in the movie...

... The nun who became her stepmother was not a governess. She was a tutor for one of von Trapp's sisters...

...the von Trapps did not cross the Alps to escape Austria. They crossed the street to a train...

take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home