Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Aggghhhh

Gentle reader,

Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882), 'Journals,' 1836

I know that work shouldn't get to me, but I don't have a real life. I use work instead (a bit healther than using TV shows and donughts, but less healthy and satisfying than a full life).

I need a real life.

I got close this weekend.

I went out.

I saw Elephant perform at the Lobby. The reason I even went was due to Catherine.

She and I ended up in a show together (no, doing shows does not count as having a life. It's more extending work in to different completely unrelated areas). The show in question was "Jesus Christ, Superstar" so there was a lot to do.

Anyway she mentioned that she was in a band called Elephant. I said that it was a terrible name for a band. however Eights monts later, having seen neither hide nor hair of (almost) any of the show people, I still remembered the band's name.

They are good. Very good. Their don't have a proper style being somewhere between jazz, blues and folk.

May they never find one since the blend works so well.

Oh and never do "Kiss me" by "Sixpence none the richer", since you sound a little too like them at times.

They have an (un-named as of yet) album out sometime in March, it's already on my "must get" list.

take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home