Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Miracle

On Sunday I was at the announcement of the shortlist for the One Act Play Writers Competition (or something like that) in Tigh Fili on Macurtin Street.
A friend of mine, who it turned out is on the shortlist, brought a friend of his to the announcement. You know what it's like when you meet someone and you are convinced you've met them before... given the stuff myself and himself have been to before, there is a change that I had met her along the way.

I was chatting to them for a while, and when she slipped off for a moment, he told me that she was launching her debut album in the Triskel Arts Centre on Thursday night (April 7).

"Oh. What's it called?"
'The ever changing colours of the sea'
"Fancy name. Er, who is she?"
'Annette Buckley'
"You've joking."
'No'
"I've been hearing stuff about her for ages...."


and I have. Needless to say she was a little surprised to hear that I've been hearing about her (as opposed to hearing her music). A little blushing was done.

If you want to hear her, show up!

If you can't wait, you can listen to the acoustic version of the track 'Miracle' here.

take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home