Thursday, April 28, 2005

A stubborn stage

"Why on earth did you cycle in?"

It's pissing rain (usually that phrase is bandied about too much, but in this case it was a constant stream) and dark.

The reason was...

1) Going to a rehearsal, so I only needed the script.
2) It wasn't that far.
3) I've been off the bike since (roughly) April 12. I needed to get things a little un-rusty.
4) Once I decide I'm cycling, hell and (ankle-)high water won't stop me. Punctures of course will.

Now, I was togged out to miss the worst of the rain, but as I said before, waterproofs don't work on me since I sweat like a race horse when cycling... that and shorts mean you only have to dry skin and not cloth.

but it's bloody cold out there.

So I did the rehearsal with "civvies" over the kit, getting damper and damper.

I'll not be cycling in tonight. (Cause I can't find the key to the lock, I'm not leaving the bike leaning against a wall somewhere).

As an aside, I'm going to be joining a bunch of grannies tonight.

Why?

Well the above play I'm in, and one I'm directing are part of the One Act Play competition taking place on May 17-18 and May 20-21 in the Fr. Mathew Hall (beside RTE Cork if you need to know). The Cork teams are on mid-week and the Dublin groups take the place over on the weekend.

The reason that there is no show on the 19th is that it turns in to a bingo hall every Thursday.

So a gang of us are going tonight to see the stage, find out what we can and can't do, and maybe win something at the bingo.

Silly, but still...

take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home