Friday, July 15, 2005

Diary from Russell Square passenger

SUNDAY 10 JULY 1542 BST
"I poured myself an enormous whisky after the police had gone on Saturday evening, taking the sealed forensic bags with my sooty stinking suit and blouse that I was wearing on Thursday morning.

I hugged John, my partner, and we stood in the garden, listening to the bees in the lavender bushes. My mouth felt numb.

We looked at each other and we talked of those who were missing and the people who had been standing behind me who took the full force of the blow.

I thought again of the terrible screams I had heard."

...

SUNDAY 10 JULY 0350 BST
"From being there about seven to 10 yards from the blast, I can say that there were people behind me who may not have got out alive.

About 10 behind me walked to safety.

I can also say that when I was at University College Hospital there was one woman at least that I saw with total amnesia who had no idea of her name, address, anything, so please therefore do not give up hope, if you are searching.

There is a small hope. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home