Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Dancing for the deaf

I'm just back from the wedding of the Accountess and the Gremlin on Friday. As it happens, they picked their nicknames back in college years ago. And a whole gang from back then arrived too.

It's strange seeing how people move on in 10 years. The above paring have managed to stay together for 10 years, at least 5 countries and multiple house moves.
Her Royal Highness, a fearless far flyer who ends up collecting stories as she goes, is slowly turning in to a housewife (I still see her taking over her husbands company mind you).
The Kindly Chemist is now a high flyer in government circles.
Debs ended up giving up being in forensics to manage a supermarket.
Blanche, well he's teaching people now. A prospect that was fairly freighting at the time.
Martha and Penny... no real change there come to think of it.

While not exactly part of the gang, the Fair Maiden just passed her masters (a 1.1!) and since she knew half of the bridal party (somehow myself and the Librarian ended up being groomsmen) she joined in for the afters.

She's found a quasi-soul mate in Debs (30 minutes after meeting and they were finishing each others sentences), and took to the dance floor (dragging me).

Which is where dancing for the deaf came up.
She dances in the literal sense... hand movements to the lyrics. The Divinyls "I Touch Myself" should be off limits when she's around.

I don't think any of us are where we expected to be 10 years ago.
Expect me.
I didn't know what I wanted to be back then.
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home