Thursday, October 25, 2007

He sure knows his spuds


pink25 Not Irish Pinks
Originally uploaded by cork_host
But do you.
As part of my photo-blogging for Pink For October I have to be me. And well Irish. For some reason potatoes are always associated with being Irish (which if you think about it is odd for a South American plant).

Anyway, these pink potatoes are perfect for combining these to things (and sunburn isn't that common this time of year). So name the breed of spuds. The winner will get a marvellous Knott "no prize".

take care,
Will

p.s. For the record, they aren't "Pinks". The breed called "Pinks" are actually white skinned, with a pink tinge to the inside.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look a bit like Desiree, but darker than normal...

8:04 a.m., October 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they Romano?

8:48 a.m., October 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are Roosters. My favourite potato, actually! Use them for everything.

11:13 a.m., October 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go with roosters. lovely oven baked after par-boiling and sliced into crescents along with some sweet potatoes or yams and served with meatballs in nice tomato sauce

7:12 p.m., October 26, 2007  
Blogger cork-host said...

Gary is the first one to get it right. E-mail me and I'll see if I can arrange a "no prize"

9:58 p.m., October 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home