Monday, February 23, 2004

I want my RTE

Gentle reader,

You're a Star. No one seems to watch this, yet everyone knows about it. I know, personally I said that I would not write about the TV. But this does tie in with Cork. Trust me one this. And it's not the Cork contestant Jean Elliot.

Before the contest began, original songs were sent in to be considered for the contestants. These were all the usual "Eurovision Pop" style. Then George Murphy arrived with his Luke Kelly singing style (folk and trad). Needless to say, nothing submitted suited him. So RTE/Shinawil contacted the fine Cork man John Spillane for help.

If nothing else, the song is going to be different, and well, folksy.

take care,
Will

p.s. Is it just me, or is there now an Ireland only feed on MTV?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home