Thursday, June 10, 2004

And what would you like to do?

Hugh proposes an interesting technique on how to blog your way to a job.

Step 1 is "Imagine your dream job".

This is the interesting step. It brings be back to when I was young. I wanted to be a doctor. Actually I wanted to be a mad scientist doing weird and wonderful stuff to strange things. In real life, I'm doing strange things to computers. Oddly enough, I can use scientist as my job title. Hmmm.

Anyway, my ideal job sort of moved about a lot when I was growing up.
Doctor.
Spy.
Magician.
Art dealer.
Designer.
Games programmer.
International playboy billionaire.
Journalist.
Evil overlord of the universe.
Actuary.
Plumber.
Writer.
Detective.

Oddly enough, I never wanted to be the classic train driver or astronaut or international sports star.
Oddly enough with the exception of brief spells in two of the above, I've not done them, and don't miss not doing it.

My point is, that your ideal job moves a lot. Some jobs look great, but you might hate them (in my case, the actuary). Some jobs are not even considered until you have spent time in your then ideal position.

It might happen, but you may not want to keep it.
take care,
Will

p.s.
I still want to try out for the billionaire position if it becomes available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home