Friday, July 16, 2004

Beyond the black hole

When I was a child, I liked childish things.
I really liked Space:1999.
O.K. I actually had a crush on Catherine Schnell, but I liked the show too. It turns out that the guy who made all the models, Martin Bowers, not only has a site, but he appears to be selling off some of his models.

Personally, I wanted to see how to make models and scenes for use with my never started Transformers project. For some reason I really want the Arcee figure.
(Full thread here)

From Space:1999 to Space 2004.
Part of me wants to be in Dublin this weekend. Stephen Hawking requested at the last minute that he be allowed to present his findings at the 17th International Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation in Dublin.

After nearly 30 years of arguing that a black hole destroys everything that falls into it, Stephen Hawking is saying he was wrong. It seems that black holes may after all allow information within them to escape.

"He sent a note saying 'I have solved the black hole information paradox and I want to talk about it'," says Curt Cutler, a physicist at the Albert Einstein Institute in Golm, Germany, who is chairing the conference's scientific committee. "I haven't seen a preprint [of the paper]. To be quite honest, I went on Hawking's reputation."

(taken from a Yahoo news report, but don't I trust this link.
New Scientist has a more detailed article too.
Even thought I'm sure I won't understand a thing I know I want to be there!

take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home