Friday, October 28, 2005

Heroes of hypocrisy

I am not old Ireland. I don't trust the men in black.

I think it's that my teens started at the same time that the abuse scandals began to be whispered. Being the teenager desperate to rebel, I took scorn on the whole priesthood thing.

My distrust of them hasn't diminished.

I know I'm tarring good people and bad with the same brush, but my initial reaction will not to trust that every word a priest says is true. (Or, for different reasons a guard for that matter, and I know quite a few socially. Disturbingly, the higher their rank, the more they agree).

The One in Four charity offers a voice to and support to men and women who have experienced sexual abuse and/or sexual violence and also to their family and friends.

take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home