Thursday, June 08, 2006

Been there, done that, too many times

"Oh wow, this is great!"

He was standing on the stage of the helix generally in awe of the auditorium.

This was the first time I had been there, and it's a nice hall, but not that amazing.
Beside him stood a regular member of choirs and he agreed with me.

The awe is gone.
I realised why I thought the gig on the Late Late Show wasn't a big deal. It wasn't. For me that is. I mean that I've done a lot. My active (and singing) CV spills over quite a bit, and all of it on stages large and small across the country.
I left out the stuff I did as a kid (playing the Gaiety in Dublin when I was 13).

Being on a stage is no longer impressive. I find the auditions more nerve wrecking than the performance.

I miss the awe. I miss being impressed.

Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home