Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Turn Mercury

Well Turn have called it a day.

The day they chose was the day that the Mercury Music Prize for 2006 was announced.
They weren't nominated.
Actually, no Irish act was.

The nominations are...

Arctic Monkeys Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not;
Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan Ballad Of The Broken Seas;
Editors The Back Room;
Guillemots Through The Windowpane;
Richard Hawley Coles Corner;
Hot Chip The Warning;
Muse Black Holes And Revelations;
Zoe Rahman Melting Pot;
Lou Rhodes Beloved One
Scritti Politti White Bread, Black Beer;
Sway This Is My Demo;
and
Thom Yorke The Eraser.

My money would be on either Muse or Thom Yorke. But I think the likes of Lou Rhodes or Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan are more likely.

Since this is a prize gien by the music industry which ignored them for so long... The Arctic Monkeys are not going to win.

take care,
Will


update : for some reason RSS readers seem to have trouble with the "and sign" I was using. Oh well, the content is the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home