Friday, January 12, 2007

Paging Lorelei Kitsune

I rang LAX airport at 4am trying to contact Ms Lorelei Kitsune as she got off her flight from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport on Southwest's flight 608. And its all Ellybabes fault.

Why?

Well she posted this video from Las Vegas from the 8th of January. (go on and watch it, I'll wait).
Apart from the fact that it would be a great way to have a different fireworks event on the Lee (waterworks?) the "event" and Loki are part of the Vanishing Point game (which is really a marketing event for Microsoft and the Microsoft Windows Vista launch.

The games is (are?) a series of puzzles, each one solved reveals a further clue. The plot of the game means that all the puzzles are created by a lady nicknamed Loki. And as solved from the Vanishing Point Wiki she is Ms Kitsuame... who would be flying on Southwest Airlines flight 608.

Well it didn't work for me as I got lost in automated phone hell in LAX.

Can anyone check the flight manifest to see if the character was booked to fly (or actually did fly) on the flight or not? I know she's not a real person, but given the nature of the puzzle, I half expect someone form wither Microsoft or AMD to be on the flight and respond to the page.

She is due to fly again on American Airlines flight 1308 from LAX to Austin International Airport in Texas. No idea why. There isn't an event due in Austin.

Oh yes, there is a closer event. London, UK at Trafalgar Square (probably outside the gallery) at 7pm on January 20, and at either 6pm or 7pm in front of the West side of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany something is going to happen.

Now, if we could get the dark lady herself (or at least a MS rep (Mr Burke or Ms Dillon hint Hint)) could attend Barcamp South East Ireland on January 20 during the competition time) and bring a nice puzzle box for the hordes to digest... that would be great.

And finally, Elly. I want to bother you and ask you about an idea I'm calling the Carny Girls book. Actually you and Donnacha. however I want to play with you oldbones work (and how is she... she hasn't posted for a while and I rally hope that fact has nothing to do with your talk at Barcamp).

take care,
Will

p.s. Loki, if you really want to vanish, I know a few ways to do it.


tags :

2 Comments:

Blogger ellybabes said...

Will, I dropped you a mail to the address listed on the blog - you've piqued my curiosity...

4:58 p.m., January 12, 2007  
Blogger grannymar said...

What is the Carny Girls book?

Who wants to play with my oldbones??

Careful now, remember there is many a good tune played on an ould fiddle! ;)

grannymar

5:25 p.m., January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home