Monday, April 10, 2006

Forgive? I'm not sure I could

"And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over"

In March 2003, at a concert in London Natalie Maines, the lead vocalist of The Dixie Chicks said...

"Just so you know, we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."

Banning from most US radio stations and more than a few death threats followed.
(Also an apparant shunning from the country music world, but the Grammy's took them in.


I'm typing all this because their next single "Not Ready To Make Nice" (taken fron their new album "Taking the Long Way") takes on the, ahem, incidents. The video is viewable on YouTube and the single is embedded in their home page. It's not very country sounding.


Take care,
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home