Thursday, April 20, 2006

Stage three of redunancy

A redundancy call has been made at work.

The consultation stage is beginning soon. According to the Kübler-Ross model, we're starting right off at stage three.
Bargaining.

With a whole bunch at stage 4, depression.

I'm just wondering if why I'm in some shock given the fact that it wasn't unexpected.

It also means that there are some things later in the year that I'm not going to consider doing. And some things I should consider now that work might not be in the way.

Take care,
Will

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Hello,
I found you on Cork blogs and was attracted by your title, both titles. I've been through a few redundancies myself. I found the first one the worst, and every subsequent one got easier. It's good to be reminded of the model.

8:15 p.m., April 20, 2006  
Blogger cork-host said...

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm not too sure I can agree. I'd rather not to have a bullet to either dodge or bite.

10:35 a.m., April 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home