Thursday, January 25, 2007

Salted bookmarks

"You have your opinion and I have mine, We disagreed last Barcamp... on camera too" -- small disagremment during the Pecha Kucha.

The last item on the timetable of Barcamp SouthEast Ireland was the Pecha Kucha (which no one can pronounce). The idea is that you have 20 slides for 20 seconds each... and you have to talk about it.

Since no one has any slides prepared, the site delicious.salted.com gets opened up and the speaker types in their username for delicious. Then the last 20 sites they bookmarked in del.icio.us show up for the person to talk about why they bookmarked it.

I did it again this time. I don't have a delicious account... so i typed in a random name (this time the user Will existed) and spoke about the next 20 sites which appeared.
I think I did OK.

However, it's a bit of a dangerous site... I mean I could get ANYTHING. I also can find out the last 20 sites anyone had bookmarked if I know their user name.

Scary?

Will


tags :

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Will,
All bookmarks are public by default in del.icio.us. Many think that is why it has been such a success. You can subscribe to others bookmarks (or subsets of them like Justin's ones on EC2) if you share common interests. You can mark some as private and they would not have shown up in Pecha Kucha.

Conor

10:14 a.m., January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home