Friday, May 11, 2007

Ginga

A while back I noticed a flyer in a shop window in Fermoy advertising Capoeira lessons. I thought "that looks interesting" and went on my way safe in the knowledge that work would get in the way of my doing anything along those lines.

Well that reason is gone for now. But when I went looking, I couldn't find any sign of it. So the closest I got was playing games. Then roaming around a shop in Cork City I spotted a poster and realised that the lessons were in full flow.

The group is called Candeias Ireland, linked to Grupo Candeias and they do lessons in Cork and Limerick too.

It's fun and it's knackering. Look for yourself.

There is actually a big event and workshop series coming up over the June Bank Holiday weekend which means a lot to the capoeirista due to the caliber of Mestre due to attend

I think I need to practice a kick or two.



take care,
Will

tags : , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

think they used some of those martial arts in braveheart especially when longshanks throw that fag out the window (my favorite scene)

1:38 p.m., May 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i must say i agree with this person.....this world has taken a turn for the worse......


Pablo...

10:27 p.m., May 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home