Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The other financial gap

Why does this spoof on the Onion remind me so much of David McWilliams "Generation Game". I'm not as financially comfortable as I'd like to be (I'd like a Euromillions win this weekend if it can be arranged, thanks) but I don't think that Mr McWilliams quite thought out all of his argument.

RTE seems to be hell-bent on making us nervous as opposed to shaking us from our complacency. How about going through possible fixes so the public can lobby for them (without the need to post nappies please).

Its a guy geek thing, you've given us the problem, now how about helping us find the solution?


In The Know: Are America's Rich Falling Behind The Super-Rich?

tags : , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Onion was always the most incredible, satirical and eerily prophetic site site ever.

This is gold. They have taken it to a new level.

Parody at its best. But as you point out it still hits a nerve.

12:28 a.m., September 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mcwilliams stands sword in his hand
drawing the bloodline all around..

fighting so hard , for a new start
he stands like a rock in the surge of the sea. no one goes near.

10:25 p.m., October 01, 2007  
Blogger cork-host said...

well Robert, all satire should hit nerves. its the nature of the beast.

And supers... very poetic. However given my great great etc. grandfather connection I'm the last one to talk about trying to force the sea back.

6:39 p.m., October 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seen all his stereotypes ie miss pencil skirt and breakfastrollman. I cant relate them to anyone I know.
I think mcwilliams has an overactive imagination.
and they call jedis crazy

7:52 p.m., October 03, 2007  
Blogger cork-host said...

no, I've seen them. Of course I grew up in his neck of the woods so there might be something in the water.

7:57 p.m., October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home